Wednesday, May 2, 2012

F***!


Well crap. I'm starting this blog so that I can keep myself accountable to my spending and financial goals.
The screencap below is the major force behind this:

First, I should note that $2k of that was actually not an expense but a loan to a personal loan so they could finish their school. The other $2100 in January was an extra payment on my mortgage (I end up getting 26 paychecks a year, so i used the extra one on that.

Still, that's pretty fucking bleak looking. Definitely not eating out at all this month (or helping cover friends!) and I'll be reviewing my expenses compulsively for ways to cut back.  I'm thinking I should do what my folks advised a year ago: get cash out for Groceries and gas, keep them separate, and once you're run out you're done.


**Update: I did eat out, but it was paid for by the friends who invited me.**

No comments:

Post a Comment